NEW GUJARAT WITHIN GUJARAT:
“Gujarat with its all inclusive, sustainable and rapid growth is emerging as a global preferred place to live in and do business”
“Gujarat has had a strong Industrial base. In recent years, it has made an impressive progress from industrial clusters and estates and special economic zones. Now it Graduates to special investment Regions. In Dholera SIR will be a reality before you can forecast. It will be new Gujarat within Gujarat.
Shree Narendra Modi
Prime Minister, India.
Dholera has been a flourishing port in Gujarat with a Prosperous trade till early 18th country. The state governments is planning to develop it as a special investment region (SIR) the first in Gujarat Dholera has been approved as the destination for first Special investment region.
• Total Area 903 sq.kms. a Green Field Location
• Developable Area: 547. Sq. kms.
• Economic Activity Area : 377 Sq. kms.
• High Access Corridor : City center, Industrial, Logistic, Knowledge & IT, Recreation & Sports, Entertainment
• World-class infrastructure & connectivity : within & outside
• Central spine express way & Metro Rail to link the SIR with mega cities
• Airport & sea ports in the vicinity
• Proximity to mega cities: Ahmedabad, Bhavnagar, Vadodra
• Benefit of sea coast to both international and Domestic market
• Logistics support of the Dedicated Freight Corridor (DMIC)
• Public investment in core infrastructure
Dholera SIR: Highlights:
> A self governed economic region enjoying full support of the government and full potential for private sector participation
> Logistic support of the Delhi-Mumbai Dedicated Freight Corridor linked with efficient rail and road network.
> To be linked with Ahmedabad city with metro rail system
> Proximity to sea port, Closeness to international airport
> Premium civic amenities
> Close to Gujarat International Finance City (GIFT)
> Close to Petro-chemicals and Petroleum Inv. Region (PCPIR)
> Autonomy in operations
> Flexibility in decisions
> Single window clearance
> Dispute Resolution mechanism
Opportunities in SIR:
> To build the industrial parks, townships, knowledge cities
> In building its infrastructure: road, rail, hospital, water, sanitation, tourism, and hospitality
> Set up the metro rail system & international airport
> Potential for development as a multi-modal transportation hub due to lesser distance to all the northern Indian States.
> Build world class transport service foreign markets
> The work on the central spine road already started
> Government allocates 1700 Hect. land for adjoining Airport
> Anchor Tenants already in place
> Water logging, seismological & environment studies underway
> The legal framework enacted: The SIR Act 2009
> Project development corporation (GICC) formed
> Development Plan sanctioned on 10 /09/2012
> Town Planning Scheme (TPS) no. 1 and 2 sanctioned on 3/10/2012
> Town Planning Scheme no. 3, 4, 5 and 6 have been submitted to Apex Authority (GIDB) on 13/12/2012 for sanction
> Tenders for selection of consultants for preliminary design of roads including utilities for TPS no. 2 have been floated