Vision for DMIC:
The vision for DMIC is to create strong economic base with globally competitive environment and state-of-the-art infrastructure to activate local commerce, enhance foreign investments and attain sustainable development.
Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor is to be conceived as a Model Industrial Corridor of international standards with emphasis on expanding the manufacturing and services base and develop DMIC as the ‘Global Manufacturing and Trading Hub’.
Delhi – Mumbai Industrial Corridor (DMIC):
- DMIC: a high impact industrial area within 150 km distance on both side of the DFC
- Area under Influence- 14% & Population- 17% of the Country
- Total Population: 173.4 Million
- Total Workers: 68.36 Million
- Total 82 Districts of Six States within the Influence Area (excluding MP)
- 25 industrial nodes have been proposed along the DMIC
The Government of india is setting up a multi-modal Dedicated Freight Corridor (DFC) between Delhi and Mumbai. Out of the total 1483 kms of the length of DFC, 38% is falling in Gujarat. The area of 150 kms on the both sides of the DFC will be developed as DMIC. It will be a high impact industrial corridor.
Unlimited Opportunities :
DMIC is to be developed as a Global Manufacturing and Trading Hub of India supported by world class infrastructure and enablining policy framework, It will become “the engine for economic resurgence of the coutry”
DMIC Project Goals:
Double the employment potential in five years (14.87% CAGR)
Triple industrial output in five years (24.57% CAGR)
Quadruple exports from the region in five years(31.95% CAGR)
DMIC in Guajrat: Dholera SIR to be the most prime location…
- 62% of the total area of Guajrat covered
- 18 out of 26 District within the influence Area
- Major cities on DMIC:Ahmedabad, Vadodara, Surat
- 1/3rd of total investment will be in Guajrat
- Estimated employment: 8 lacs
- Gujarat’s ports to cater to foreign & hinterland markets
- World class connectivity between the Ports, nodes & DFC
- Six logistics parks being developed along the DFC
Out of the total twenty four industrial nodes planned along the DMIC, six nodes (two investment regions and four industrial areas) have been proposed for the State of Gujarat.
Dholera SIR is the first such node, taken up for developement by the Government of Gujarat.